Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Frustration!



I'm now in the middle of the colored pencil class at the Arboretum. I absolutely LOVED the pencil class, and experimenting with portraying textures with graphite. But I am completely out of my league with colored pencil.

Our assignment this week was to use colors other than black and brown to reproduce the textures on the seed pod in the picture. It's a very cool looking pod, and my camera doesn't even do it justice. But that funky little thing in the back that I drew is my feeble attempt to recreate at least some of the texture of it. I have class tonight. I can't wait to see how the other students did. (I'm not sharing this at the class!) I'm glad I can do other art stuff, because colored pencil is not my thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!