Thursday, September 24, 2009

Inspiration


It can be very frustrating to have a week (or longer) where everything you do just doesn't turn out the way you want it to. But if you persevere, eventually you are rewarded.
This piece was a long time in the making. The word "hope" was done as a cut paper piece a couple of weeks ago. The paper behind is some "paste paper" that I did several years ago. And it took me a long time to find a quote that conveyed hope and also fit in the space.
It's a good thing that it all finally came together, because I'm submitting it for an art show at our library, and the submission deadline is three days from now! Perhaps both perseverance and a deadline are necessary for a project to come together.

1 comment:

  1. Kate...I LOVE it!! Thanks for posting photos of your "letterplay" and giving a bit of history on each piece. I'll have to come back here more often!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!