Saturday, January 10, 2015

Daily Treasure

The first week of a new  practice is usually the easiest one.  Now that I'm into my second week of daily treasure hunting, the daily grind of winter has set in and it's a little harder to remember that each day holds treasures.  Especially with the sub-zero temps, traffic-congesting snow and extreme winds.  (Sorry -- that's not supposed to sound so whiney. . .)  But there were treasures each day as well.
 Winter fruits like oranges and grapefruit as especially yummy AND so healthy.  It was good to eat this one a little more mindfully, savoring the juicy sweetness.
 I have fallen in love with this magazine.  Published in the Netherlands and printed in Poland, it is filled with beautiful images and inspiring articles.  I just have two back issues, but I am very tempted to subscribe.  It's a little pricey though.
 I vicariously enjoyed the Documented Life Project last year as fellow bloggers shared their beautiful journal pages.  This year I took the plunge and joined.  The prompt for week 1 was to use a book page as background.  The image of the girl is from my Flow magazine, and the notes are ones I took while reading Christine Valters Paintner's book, Eyes of the Heart.
 Taking the Christmas tree down.  Again, I tried to be mindful and grateful as I took the ornaments off and put them away.  I will be glad for a little extra room in the house, but I will miss the twinkling lights.
Finally, an image of warmth and light on cold and dark winter days.

Wishing you daily treasures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!