Monday, April 6, 2015

Snail Mail

There's nothing quite like getting a real letter or postcard in the "snail" mailbox!  E-mail is easier, but I'm old fashioned enough to love the anticipation of hearing the mailman and then hopefully finding something other than bills or political ads inside.  That's one reason I have participated in Kat Sloma's Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap for the past two years.  Let me show you the five postcards I received in the past couple of weeks through the swap.  I found ways to display them in my back yard.

The first postcard arrived while winter was still in full swing around here, and I loved the whimsical message and bright colors.  It came from "Snap" in Texas.  I set it on a trellis that (hopefully) will be filled with clematis later this season.


Next I received this portrait from April in Florida.  She is displayed with some lovely tulips from the grocery store, since ours haven't started blooming yet.


The photo of this old firetruck is from Kelly Warren, a photographer from Florida.  I follow her blog, and you can check it out here.  


Written on the back of this one was a quote from Marilyn Monroe:  "Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."  My daughter would definitely agree!  It came from Darlene, a photographer from New York.  I thought it looked rather fun on our bird feeder.

I forgot to photograph one of my favorite postcards that I received, but I will do it next time.    

I also had the pleasure of receiving a REAL LETTER from my friend Lynnie in Nevada.  Look at this gorgeous envelope and sweet hand-made card.  She also enclosed a letter, which I immediately curled up with to savor!  



 What have you received in the mail lately?  Anything fun?!?!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE the pay you displayed them. Such a lovely way to honor the work as well as the artists. Your heart is so big. I love that about you!!!
    TC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you were finally able to post a comment on here!

      Delete
  2. Christian Louboutin Sneaker is a good choice for you or as gift to your friends,in the exquisite design show the unique style.The design could make your feet breathe freely and more fashional. http://www.clsneakersmall.com
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Louis Studded Black White sheepskin
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Louis Black Spikes Mens High Top Denim Wine Red
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Louis Pik Pik High Red

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!