Monday, December 28, 2009

The Rumplestiltskin Project


After Christmas, our pastor asked me if I could find a way to connect the manger (Christ's birth) with the cross (Christ's death for us) by making tiny crosses out of manger straw. It turned out that the straw in the manger was too crumbly, so we decided to try to work with a huge bundle of wheat, which we spread out in our Christmas manger. I wish I had taken a picture of it -- we had white lights under the wheat/straw, and it looked very festive. Each person picked out four pieces of wheat and broke them apart and fastened them with a piece of yarn. The fastening was the hardest part, but if you've ever done "God's eye" weaving as a child, it's the same concept. We worked on them during our face2face worship time in the service, and it was a great activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!