Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Piece

Each October our library hosts a community art exhibit, and each resident/artist may show up to 3 pieces.  I was pleased to see that I had created two new pieces this year that I liked enough to exhibit, but I wanted to do another.  Sunday's sermon was the inspiration for this piece:
Our pastor was talking about the power of God's word in our lives and how important it is to take advantage of that source.  I know several individuals who are struggling with feeling really defeated lately, so the sermon inspired me to create this piece.  I know it helps me remember where I can go for power and strength.

The exhibit will be up during the month of October.  If you are in Woodridge, IL, feel free to stop by the library and see this and other pieces by talented artists in our community!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    What a wonderful piece this is and what a great reminder. I love it. Sermons and the Word of God are such inspiations, arent' they?
    Have a great day,

    Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!