Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Journal Page (the first of many, I promise!)

It's the first day of Lent and, as usual, I have chosen a book to be my companion through this holy season.  This year it's Labyrinths, Walking Toward the Center by Gernot Candolini.  Actually, this book chose me.  I ordered it months ago, and I guess it was stuck in the USPS system.  I had already received a reimbursement from the seller and had given up on receiving it.  Then it showed up a few days ago, voila!  Perfect for Lent.  The first chapter shows you how to draw a simple Cretan labyrinth, so I knew it would be fun to put in my journal.  Here's the two pages I did this morning:





I'm sure you can't read the text in the labyrinth, so I'll include it here. "This is the day that lies before you. These are the hours. How will you meet them? Ask questions. Ask, what waits for me in the middle? What do I meet, deep in my soul? Do I move on? Do I follow the path? There's no right, no wrong. Just being on the way. Just keep walking. Think about what you'd like to risk in this lifetime. The path will offer everything you need. Walk, and look within." (from the foreword by Paula D'Arcy)  (I didn't plan out the spacing.  It's purely a result of divine grace that the quote ended up exactly in the center of the labyrinth!)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how He gives us just what we need when we need it.....?
    These are awesome pages and I look forward to more....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!