Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas (a little late)

I love Christmas with all the great music, family stuff and worship opportunities.  What I don't like is putting my daily schedule on hold so we can experience all the Christmas extras.  One thing that worked well this year is taking time to do a daily Advent devotional.  I learned about the book God With Us, (edited by Pennoyer and Wolfe) at Mary's blog, A Splendid Adventure.  Two years in a row she has included readings from the book during Advent.  In addition, Lori from Elvie Studio shared about a little Christmas journal she was making this season.  I combined both ideas and created a little journal about my daily Advent readings.  I wanted to blog about it as I went along, but this will have to do.

Here's the cover
As you can see, it's just a little accordion fold booklet using Arches textwove paper

And here's a close-up of the pages.

It was a great project -- small enough not to stress over and simple enough to do each day (or almost each day).  I'm learning that time spent with God and time doing art don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I have tried to keep up with my blog reading, and have been enjoying the traditions, photos and ideas that you (my blog friends) have shared.  And I look forward to more great posts in the new year!

4 comments:

  1. I really like your journal that you put together for Advent this year. Very neat idea. I'll have to keep it in mind for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art and creativity, Kate. It nourishes me to come here and read and enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,

    I love your Advent Journal. This is something that I hope to do next Christmas. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and a very Happy and healthy New year to you and your family. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!