Katie Lloyd has been blogging about Pinterest for a few weeks, and I finally was able to secure my own account. So now the challenge is to find something on the boards, pin it, and try to do the project. I chose this: (originally posted here)
First I gathered my supplies. The only thing I had to buy was a wreath form (hers was styrofoam, mine is straw -- it was cheaper!)
I stained the edges of the pages with cheap acrylic paint (to give it a more vintage look)
Then I started rolling the pages and hot gluing them to the wreath form. At first it didn't look great.
Twenty-four hours later (with numerous interruptions), I finally finished. I was so involved with it that I forgot to take pictures during the process. I went through a whole 300 page book! And this is the finished product:
I'm pretty excited about the way it turned out! Check out the Pinterest button at the left to see what others are doing!