Monday, August 27, 2012

Growing Pains (ugh!)

Another wedding brought a request from my daughter to create something to add to their gift.  It was last minute so it didn't leave me a lot of time, but I finally declared it finished and sent it off.

But I'm not really happy with it.  I can find a thousand things wrong with it.  But I'm going to post it just because I think it's all part of the learning process.  As Kathy Millici taught us, "Each time I practice, I get better and better."  Which means I need to do a lot of practicing.
On a brighter note, we finally have a hummingbird coming to our feeder!  Yay!  She is still too shy to get a good picture (I have to take it from the upstairs window right now, and it's pretty far away), but everytime I see her I get so excited!  Here's my best picture of her so far.
Happy last-week-of-summer!

2 comments:

  1. Great copperplate! And I loooooooove the wee hummer - we don't get ruby throats here. Good work Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your tiny visitor makes me a little sad I didn't put my feeder out this year. Seems I spend more time fighting ants and bees than enjoying hummingbirds. I've seen a few HB coming by, though ... probably remembering the food from last year? Could that be?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!