Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Beach!

My youngest daughter and I just returned from a wonderful escape from the land of ice and snow to sunny southern California.   It was a much needed, healing week for both of us, and here are some of my favorite pics of the Oceanside Beach.
 This was the view from our balcony our first night, and we could not believe the gorgeous colors of the clouds.
 Torrey Pines State Park -- one of the best places to hike and enjoy the sunshine sparkling on the water.
 Such a wonderful surprise to see this lovely rainbow greet me one morning.
 Sunsets at the Pier are magical.
 Love the birds . . .
 And the colors . . .
 Sharing it with my daughter . . .
And our final night eating fish and chips at the harbor while enjoying this beautiful show!

Now we have been back in Chicago for three days and I have been sick in bed with bronchitis.  At least I have these memories and images to remind me of our trip!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate. These pictures are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so sorry to read that your sick now that you're home. I sure hope you're feeling better real soon...Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your postcards came today - I've been out of commission for 3 days and counting too - Just sorry you had to get it after such a lovely few days with warmth and sun. Sending gentle hugs and prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!