Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Word for 2011

It's been really inspiring to read about the words that my blogging friends are choosing for their intention words for this new year.  Special thanks to Kim Klassen for some great instruction on how to choose a word, as this is the first year I  have done this.  And the word I have decided on is . . .

Connection

Reading last year's journals revealed to me that I was all about trying new things and launching out in new directions. It was fun, but I wasn't very focused.  Instead of making "focus" my intention for this year, I think "connection" better describes what I want to experience.  Exploring and strengthening connections I have with friends, family, my own inner gifts, and -- of course -- with God.  The Willow Tree figurine pictured here and in my blog masthead is one that a good friend gave me a few years ago.  It's been gathering dust in a corner of our family room.  I dusted it off and gave it a prominent place in the hallway outside of my studio, as I hope to dust off some of the connections that I have lost track of, but that I know are important to me.  And I'm hoping to blog regularly about how these connections are going.  I'm also looking forward to reading the blogs from friends who are also pursuing words of intention for 2011.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Choosing a word for the year is a wonderful idea, and "Connection" will be so inspiring and fun to fulfill. I also have some Willow Tree figurines, the first one was a gift from a friend a few years back. Our daughter also has a collections of meaningful ones for experiences in her life.

    The quilt you gave your doaughter is beautiful. What a cherished gift it will be.

    Happy Wonderful New Year!
    ~ Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, what a great word....I think we all yearn for connection..In fact, on my dream board connection was one of my words...I am anxious to see how this will play out in the coming year......

    Please keep us posted with your adventures with this word.....

    I am very glad to have met you and so glad we are blogging friends. I enjoy visiting you and always leave feeling peaceful......

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!