Saturday, January 8, 2011

Squeen for a Day

I didn't know what I was getting into when I signed up for Carla Sonheim's Art of Silliness Class.  I wanted to get freer in my drawing and release more creativity.  I think that is happening.  Carla is having us do all kinds of crazy things, including inventing a new language!  Each day we post our latest creations to a Flickr account and Carla chooses someone to be Squeen for the Day.  (Squeen = Silliness Queen).  Well today, --ta-da! -- I was chosen.  And it's based on this project (playing with food) which took me just about all afternoon yesterday:
Not sure how proud I should be of it, but it was great fun to be chosen Squeen for a Day!  Too bad I still had to cook and do dishes.  Guess the family didn't get the memo!

I hope you have the chance to feel as special as the Squeen for the Day.  Afterall, we are God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10), and that sounds pretty wonderful to me.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations.....on being Squeen for the day.....that's great......

    I think it takes a class like this to get us out of our "adult" mind set and freer....I bet you had a lot of fun doing this painting........

    Keep us informed as to your other projects in the class...It's fun to see what others are doing....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!