Friday, June 3, 2011

Playing in the Studio

The weather has suddenly turned into summer and I am thrilled!  Although I had decided I wasn't going to plant anything this year, I couldn't resist getting some plants to brighten the yard and hopefully attract butterflies and hummingbirds.  The past few days I have been happily playing in the dirt and I'm glad I did.  Flowers are rewarding for me -- vegetables are just frustrating.  :-)

Here's a pic I took -- a macro of a cheddar pink blossom.  They are wonderful flowers that come back year after year.  Each tiny blossom has two lacy "ribbons" curling upward from its delicate petals.  I added one of Kim Klassen's textures (May Magic 2) and used the screen blending mode.  I also experimented with the "add noise" filter and then removed some of it from the blossom so the background looked a little more textured.
Yesterday I set aside my neverending list and headed for the studio to do some calligraphy.  I promised my older daughter that I would create something for her a long time ago, and yesterday was the day.  I think she and her boyfriend will like it.  They are coming over tonight and I'll give it to them.
I did the large letters with a pointed brush and the smaller ones around the edge with a pointed pen.  Then added 3 prismacolors that she had picked out several weeks ago.  I think they'll like it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the editing you did with your photo and texture!

    A caring gift for Robyn and Jimmy. There is so much we can make ourselves when we use our talents ... and it carries so much more meaning for the recipients.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!