Sunday, May 23, 2010

Great Class

This week-end I was able to attend an exciting workshop on using images with our lettering to create interesting works of art.  Our instructor was Annie Cicale, and if you can take a workshop with her, do!  Yesterday we all worked on apples -- doing studies with various media and then choosing a quote to add to one of our drawings.  You can see from the above picture that we did a lot of drawings of those apples! My finished piece is just below all the apples.  You can see it on the right, displayed with the work of some of the other artists in the class.  Several of us chose the same quote to work on.  One of the best parts about workshops like this is seeing all the different approaches we all used -- we had a classful of creative and bold artists.

On the left is what I created the second day.  We each brought something to draw, and a quote about it.  This is a poem by Shel Silverstein.  I'm going to include a copy of this in my backyard journal.  I had the cutest little potted sunflower as my object, and it made me smile just to have it on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!