Saturday, May 8, 2010

A little Better


Thanks to Barbie for my encouraging comments yesterday.  As long as this won't turn into a permanent mudhole, I can live with it.  And I added some more dirt and mulch.  But if you step on the mulch, you'll sink about 6 inches.

I was at the Arboretum this afternoon and took some pictures of wildflowers.  Enjoy!

Above is a Trillium -- named because of the three leaves that grow out from beneath the flower.  The color of those flowers is stunning -- especially when you see a group of them in the bright green springime foliage.

And this is a close-up of one of the blossoms on a horse chestnut tree.  It looks like a party decoration!

2 comments:

  1. I had forgotten how absolutely glorious the horse chestnut blossoms are!...and trillium. Fabulous!
    I can tell you are a friend of the wonderful, talented Julie .. and I can;t wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mu(l)ch Better! And I really like the idea of a boggy booby trap. (But then I would, huh?)

    Mulch love, Barbie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!