Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Inspiration -- Day 3

More from Julia Cameron, March 19th entry:

Gentleness, enouragement, safety -- these are the watchwords to be put in place for criticism.  I have been writing for thirty years.  I have seen more good writing destroyed by bad criticism than I have ever seen bad writing helped by good criticism. . . . I have watched plays start to find their feet, only to be tripped up by too many people contributing fixes. . .

I am fortunate to belong to an art community in my area as well as this larger community of art-bloggers.  Both of them have provided ample opportunities to give and receive rich encouragement for those artistic endeavors we might be hesitant to share.  In light of these words on criticism, I'd like to say "thank you" to my artist friends for input, encouragement and guidance.  It's great to be able to share positively in each other's artistic journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!