Friday, February 18, 2011

Signs of Spring

No pictures today but, just two weeks past the Blizzard of 2011, we are having a lovely thaw.  The huge snowbanks have all but disappeared, the geese are flying high overhead in "V" formation, and I've seen several robins in my neighborhood.  I know it's too early to hope that this is the real thing, but it's a great respite from winter.  And I found a very appropriate quote on another blog to share with you:
 
If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.  --Eleonora Duse


I'll let you know when the first tiny flowers appear in the yard!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful........maybe spring will be here before too long...we have had a week og glorious weather.....I could get spoiled.....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!