Monday, April 4, 2011

New Opportunities

I've been playing around with the look of my blog lately, mostly by trial and error and not having the slightest idea what I am doing.  But I did recently learn how to make a blog banner, and I think this one turned out OK for a first try.  The inspiration for this banner came from Kim Klassen's Photoshop Skinny-Mini eCourse.  It's a free 10-day class, but jam-packed with so much information and inspiration.  If you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements and want to learn more, be sure to check it out!  You can get to her site with the button on the right (and down a little).  She also has a Photoshop Essentials class which begins the end of this month, and I can't wait to get started with it!

A couple more examples of what I have done as a result of her class are here:

Here's the before shot:

Another one that I cropped and added layers to:
The "before" of this one:

I have to get busy -- I'm participating in a craft show at our church in a couple of weeks.  More about that in a future post.  In the meantime, I hope spring is arriving soon in your corner of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!