Friday, January 27, 2012

My Life in Six Words

In our Beyond Layers class, we were given a challenge this week, based on something that Kim read in Oprah Magazine, which referenced Smith Magazine.  It's all about writing a six-word memoir -- six words that describe your life.  I came up with a bunch of them, but I guess the one I'm willing to share is shown in this picture:
I do tend to challenge myself to go beyond my comfort zone, as shown in this picture.  This was taken from a catwalk underneath the New River Gorge Bridge near Fayetteville, West Virginia, 851 feet above ground level. We walked the entire length of the bridge last summer. I'm not exactly fond of heights, and there was nothing between the catwalk and the ground but clean, West Virginia air!  (We were harnessed in, however.)  I can't say I loved the whole hour+ long walk, but I am glad to be able to say that I did it!  And I did get some fun pictures.

Tomorrow my husband and I leave for a week in Florida.  The primary purpose is to escape the dark winter days we experience here in Chicago.  And we are also meeting up with my cousin and her husband.  (My cousin is the one I did the bridgewalk with.)  I'm sure we will come up with some grand adventures, including canoeing in the Everglades!  Personally, I'm not as afraid of alligators as I am of heights, so it should be a wonderful time.  If we survive (!), I'll be back here in a couple of weeks with some (hopefully) great pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate,

    I hope you and your husband have a wonderful time away. I look forward to seeing the pictures you'll take and share with us. Be safe. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!