Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday -- Pastel play

I always think Good Friday should be a dark, gray day to help us remember the suffering of Jesus on this day.  But today is quite bright and lovely out.  Hopefully Easter will be sunny and warm (but in Chicago you never know).

Our Beyond Layers lesson this week is to play with an image and make it subdued and pastel.  Since I love bright colors, this was a challenge for me.  But I chose a picture I took of some apple blossoms.  Here it is, straight out of the camera:
I like the colors, but decided to try to tone it down for this assignment.  First I cropped it, and then added a bunch of layers, a texture and finally added a frame.  What do you think?  I'm not sure if this was a good image for this assignment.  But it was fun to do.
Looking forward to Resurrection Sunday . . .

1 comment:

  1. Your photo is stunning! You made excellent choices in the textures you used.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!