Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Year-Long Challenge

It started a few weeks ago when we received a 30% coupon for our favorite clothing store.  I went twice with various family members, both times just walking around the store feeling frustrated and uninterested.  The coupon expired and I didn't end up getting anything.  An idea that had been in the back of my mind made its way to the surface and I decided to follow up on it:  For 365 days, I am not going to buy any new clothes -- only "pre-worn" stuff.  The only exception is shoes -- I need new running shoes and those have to be new.

With that in mind, my daughter Karissa and I set out for the nearest Goodwill last week.  Double bonus -- we did some spring cleaning and had a trunk-load of our cast-offs to donate.  We had a blast trying outfits on, and both ended up with several items.  Karissa got a several really cute tops, and here's what I brought home:

 A couple of shirts, 3 pairs of shorts and some jeans and capris!  And the most expensive item was a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans for $6.99!  I also bought a sweet little hand-thrown pottery bowl for 99 cents that we've been using for holding everything from hard-boiled eggs to lilacs!
 And we are now members of the Club Goodwill!
So far I'm pretty stoked with the possibilities!  And it's not like I have a high-power job where I need to have the latest styles.  Even then, I think maybe I could do it.  I'll keep posting about how I'm doing -- eleven days in so far!

1 comment:

  1. That is an interesting challenge. I'll have to stay tuned to see how it works out. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!