Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hope Springs Eternal

I've checked both hands very carefully, and there is not a bit of green on either thumb.  Yet I keep trying!  I've never been very good at growing tomatoes -- even if I can get a plant to grow, we usually only get one or two ripe tomatoes by the end of the season.  But this year will be the year we have SUCCESS!

Here's my tomato seedlings, outdoors for the first time this season.
 Don't they look happy?!?!
I saved seeds from some heirloom tomatoes we bought at the Farmer's Market last summer.  I planted them and have been carefully tending them for a few weeks -- carrying them from one side of the house to the other to get the best sunlight.  I'm very proud of my little "babies".  I hope I can be as diligent all summer long.  Stay tuned to witness either the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!